Nutritional Counseling IN Minnetonka
Most people searching for nutrition services in Minnetonka have trouble finding a program that works for them. After all, it's not easy to escape the sugar and carbohydrates present in many food products that populate the shelves of grocery stores. However, the notoriety that some macronutrients have is largely undeserved. In reality, carbohydrates are necessary for your continued health. The real challenge is deciphering the food labels and figuring out which carbs are right for you.
Nutrition in Minnetonka MN
An abundance of the nourishment that can be derived from meals is found in the form of carbohydrates. As was mentioned before, a carbohydrate is a type of macronutrient along with protein and fat. It is of vital importance to get your daily recommended amount of calorie intake through these macronutrients. Carbs are generally found in plant-based cuisine. However, this naturally occurring nutrient is now overused in a number of refined foods that overuse starches and sugars. Sugar is the most natural form of carbohydrate available. It arises from a unique assortment of the molecules oxygen, hydrogen and carbon. The difference in the arrangement of these molecules result in the multiple forms carbohydrates can come in. The organic sources of carbohydrates include:
- Whole Grains
Proper Nutrition Improves:
- Weigh loss
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Hormonal issues
- Low testosterone
- Weak immune system
- Digestive disorders
- and many more.
A Healthy Diet
A healthy diet necessitates an assortment of nutrients that work together to bring you vitality, however, this implies you are picking the proper foods to begin with. A few things to look for in healthy foods are:
- Legumes: This family of food is as diverse as it is delicious. Legumes encompass a wide variety of beans and are an excellent food that packs a punch on a budget. This mighty food group provides your body the building blocks to for a healthily functioning brain and skeletal system. Some scientists believe the key to cardiac health is choosing legumes over red meat!
- Fiber Rich: Be sure to choose fiber-rich foods such as vegetables and fruits. A good rule of thumb is to opt for the fresh varieties as opposed to those in cans. This is because manufacturers often opt to use preservatives to keep those vegetables and fruits edible. Fiber-rich foods are essential in allowing you to maintain a proper circulatory system.
- Low-fat Dairy: Dairy is an amazing source of nutrients. Apart from offering everything from calcium to vitamins, it also comes in a variety of fat options that allow it to meet the needs of just about any healthy diet. Consuming low-fat dairy is linked to a lower risk of heart attacks and related circulatory system issues.
- Whole Grains: There are many kinds of grains. However, they can easily be organized into two distinct groups: whole and refined. Every kind of grain has carbs, minerals and vitamins. It is considered a best practice to opt for whole grains because of their organic origin. The fact is, natural grains are not manufactured like refined grains. In addition, research shows that whole grains are able to hold more of the important nutrients (such as antioxidants) as opposed to their refined counterparts.
- Added Sugars…NEVER! The facts plainly show that there is no valid reason for added sugars in your diet. While they may offer a sweet escape from time to time, added sugars over time can lead to an unhealthy weight, tooth cavities, cardiac issues, and more! It's best to stay far away from this deceptively sweet menace!
It can be confusing to navigate the complex relationship between food and nutrition. However, a good start is simply to watch the kinds of sugars, grains, and fat that are in your food and act accordingly. The health experts at Dynamic Family Chiropractic in Minnetonka are always here to help you reach your goals if you need assistance.
Dr. Andy provides comprehensive exercise counseling including:
- Prehab Treatment— strengthening specific muscles to prevent injury with specific sports
- Rehab Treatment–strengthening specific muscles to rehabilitate injury with specific sports, injuries, or conditions.
- Strength Training Protocols–improving strength through powerlifting protocols for specific sports, strength competitions, or general fitness.
- Muscle Building Protocols–improving muscle tone and size for specific sports, competition, or general fitness.
USE CODE 110804 TO GET 10% OFF: