Resources in Minnetonka
Dakota Cervical Extension Traction – *This item is for use by carefully screened individuals upon professional prescription only. Do not let anyone else use your Traction Unit. Discontinue use immediately if you have pain, dizziness, or any other unusual symptom and consult your Doctor.
Using Your Prescription Traction in Minnetonka
- Dakota-TractionPosition yourself face up with the top of the traction unit slightly below the top of your shoulder blades
- Keep your head straight while in use on the unit. The head should not touch the floor or the traction device. If your head touches the floor, elevate the unit by placing it on book 1-2 inches off the floor. If your head touches the unit, gently slide head ward on the unit until it no longer is in contact.
- When placing the band on your forehead, reach up with both hands and place it just above the eyebrows.
- When starting out you should not use the headband, the weight of your head will suffice. Work up to the prescribed time (usually 15-20 minutes) before using the headband.
- Always start with 2 minutes, never add more than 2 minutes per day.
- Just like braces on the teeth, when you tighten or extend time, it may become more difficult, simply reduce the time or tension on your next session as needed.
- Never attempt to substitute more force for less time.
- Discontinue immediately and consult your doctor if you experience pain or any unusual symptoms.